is a Plastic Bag Holder.

Also press fabric after sewing seams to give a nice professional look.
1)Take the piece of fabric and on the short edge of fabric- fold over 1/2" of right side of fabric in onto wrong side of fabric and press in place.
3)Sew a 3/4" seam along pressed edges . 
5) Take a piece of elastic and attach a small safety pin to end.
6) Pin a large safety pin to other end of elastic.
7) Feed small safety pin with elastic attached thru open end of one of the casings.
8) Push fabric over safety pin until
safety pin comes thru the other end.
9) Pull elastic to get fabric gathered how you want.
10) Sew the 2 pieces of elastic together . Cut off excess elastic.
11) Repeat steps 5-10 for other edge of fabric.
12) Turn fabric right sides together and sew a 1/8" seam allowance down unsewn edge of fabric.
13) Take ribbon or lace for strap and fold in half.
14) Take cut edged of strap and pin in place on holder.
15) Sew into place.




4 comments:
Oh cool! I love fat quarter projects! I'll be linking.
I LOVE mine! So simple and easy yet helps a lot!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing a great tutorial Melissa! I've seen those out there, but never knew how to make one! Yeah!
THanks for the tutorial. I love these things.
beinred from swapbot
Post a Comment