Saturday, December 27, 2008

$1.39 + 5 minutes = 3 cozy fleece scarfs. Plus my to do list



If you have not been yet- check your local Joann's remnant bin. Right now the remnants are 70% off! So for a total of $1.39- I purchased 3 pieces of sports fleece to make scarfs for my boys. I only fold each section in half lengthwise, cut off the raw edge with shears, and then cut about 3 " long slits every 1 inch along the raw edge. It took less than 5 minutes to do. To step it up a notch- I have seen where others have sewn around the edges and then embroidered names on to the scarf to make them more personal .
I have started to work on my to do list for January of new activities to work on (which we all know- I will also add to! ) I have already purchased most of the ebook and started buying the fabric I will need.
1)Learn to crochet with the free crochet flowers tutorial
Plus free beanie crochet caps , and also how to make crochet scarfs Ebook.
2)Learn to make earrings
3) Learn to make fabric yo-yos and then make a blanket with them
4) Sudz and seams great wallet Ebook
5) the drawstring purse/ diaper bag
6) Avilio Tote purse
7) Chef hat
8) twirl skirts for dolls for charity
9) Crochet fur cuffs
10) Free Head band pattern
11) King of hearts shirt
12) Make more pajama bottoms
13) Hogs n kisses ebook
14) boys romper
15) Raglan tees
16) Learn to do zippers
17) learn to do button holes
18) make the john doll
19) Twirl Scapplini skirt
20) Chenille Creations items
21) a portable fabric matchbook car holder and playmat
Most importantly- work on any Ebooks that Mrs Courtney(or anyone else ) would like to to test .

A big list and some of the activities will flow into more than 1 day but this is my goal list.
Can it be down?? We will see!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW, what a to do list!

You are so sweet!!!! I can not wait for you to test my eBooks!

I hope to be sending one to you late tonight, early tomorrow!!!

Great job on the scarfs! I need to check out that remnant bin for the other eBook I am trying to get together!!!

Kris said...

Melissa! Yowza girl- you just blow me away with your energy and can-do spirit! I love it!

What a brilliant idea to do those fleece scarves from the remnant bin. They turned out really great.

I can't wait to keep checking back!